Drysuit search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where are you, your profile doesn't mention. M/F? I have a used one I could part with. Size? I'm a big feller but lost lots of weight recently.

Not trying to make a sale, but Seaskin to the US was a horrendous experience. I can provide any details.
Bad experience with Sea Skin? Wow. That's the first one I've heard of. Any details?

I have a USIA suit I've been diving for 10 years. Other than seal replacement, never had an issue with it. Mine is a HOG branded USIA suit but it's basically the techniflex. They seem to be revamping their website. It's not very good now. I also have an Otter Brittanica but that is above your budget.

Hey! I've looked through a few threads but most of them are quite old/didn't answer my questions.

I'm looking for my first membrane drysuit but I have quite a tight budget. I'm planning to use the suit for cave and wreck diving.
Things I'm looking for:
- two pockets
- sock/rock boots style
- latex seals
- preferably US manufacturer but open to other options if the price is right
- budget $1000-1500 usd

TIA for any suggestions!

US manufacturer the closest you'll get to that is a DUI Yukon 2. I don't have the 2 but the original is a horrible suit.

I know someone with a USIA who is happy with it. You might want to look at deep 6, not sure pricing but they get good reviews here.

Make sure you budget another 4 to 6 hundred for undergarments.

Hey! I've looked through a few threads but most of them are quite old/didn't answer my questions.

I'm looking for my first membrane drysuit but I have quite a tight budget. I'm planning to use the suit for cave and wreck diving.
Things I'm looking for:
- two pockets
- sock/rock boots style
- latex seals
- preferably US manufacturer but open to other options if the price is right
- budget $1000-1500 usd

TIA for any suggestions!

Frankly, for that budget, you might be better off looking for a USED DUI. I don’t know what your size is, but if you can fit into standard sizes, you might luck out. I see any number of older DUI suits for less than $1K and I know people who’ve gotten incredible deals on suits in very good shape.

I have a USIA suit I've been diving for 10 years. Other than seal replacement, never had an issue with it. Mine is a HOG branded USIA suit but it's basically the techniflex. They seem to be revamping their website. It's not very good now. I also have an Otter Brittanica but that is above your budget.

I'm also considering saving up a while longer for either an Otter or an Ursuit

Frankly, for that budget, you might be better off looking for a USED DUI. I don’t know what your size is, but if you can fit into standard sizes, you might luck out. I see any number of older DUI suits for less than $1K and I know people who’ve gotten incredible deals on suits in very good shape.

I would jump on a used suit if I found one that fit me! It's just tricky if I'm not able to try it on beforehand :/

I would jump on a used suit if I found one that fit me! It's just tricky if I'm not able to try it on beforehand :/

Many people buy used stuff online sight unseen.

I'm going to be blunt - your budget is ridiculously low for a new drysuit, especially given your "wanted" list. You either need to compromise on something - like US made - and go for the Seaskin from the UK - or budget more. You want to do tech/cave diving. None of this is cheap. I went through two other drysuits in four years (one a made to measure USIA that was cut too big in the upper body) before getting my lovely new made to measure DUI FLX Extreme a few months ago that fits very well. It was $4100 and a made to measure undersuit (in a package with a stock size vest and socks) was an additional $565. I'm a hard fit in regular clothes so I saved up and went for the Cadillac.

I hesitate to call buying from Seaskin a compromise, at least in terms of value. DUI has had some inconsistent years of late, at least in terms of post-Faith's departure pre-now. Cadillac is probably a SF Tech, or perhaps that's a range rover or raptor.

Your budget is reasonable. $1200 for a Seaskin MTM trilam suit with Kubi rings, P-valve, misc kevlar upgrades, quick neck, and two expedition pockets is an excellent deal and you could get three of them vs one DUI (and still need to add dry glove rings). Another $200 or so for MTM Seaskin undies and you're golden. Don't measure yourself though; it's rather inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom