Drysuit Rings - is this right?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hypertech

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
These are the rings that were put on a drysuit we sent in for repair. Before I jump all over them for what appears to be a bad set of rings put on the suit, I thought I would post this here for your advice.

So, do rings look like this sometimes? Is this normal?

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

The rings are obviously old and in very bad shape.

Are they supposed to be new rings? Are these the rings you sent in with the suit?

If these are supposed to be new rings, then you have a problem.

That's what I thought. We bought the suit and the arms were too long for my wife. As long as we were sending it in for work on the cuffs, we had rings put on. This is what came back. The repair shop provided the rings.

Whether it is a coincidence or not, shortly after posting this, I finally got a call back from the shop and they are going to take it back and put a new set on.

These are the rings that were put on a drysuit we sent in for repair. Before I jump all over them for what appears to be a bad set of rings put on the suit, I thought I would post this here for your advice.

So, do rings look like this sometimes? Is this normal?

It's normal if they came from an unrepairable PSD drysuit that had spent it's life searching river bottoms and lakes in zero viz. :D

Seriously, those are beat. My drysuit is about 8 years old and the rings look 10 years better than that.

Yours should look all shiny and clean and not full of nicks.

Terry

About latex seal or accessories if more expose under the sun or part of under the sun, it will happen like that: crack

Back
Top Bottom