Drysuit Recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeedABiggerBoat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know this should be in the gear forum but I want responces from People diving near me. Looking at drysuits and was wondering what accessories people use around here i.e. neck seal/wet hood/dry hood, wrist seals/dry gloves, socks or integrated boots. will be diving mostly Toby and Brockville. What should I plan to need? Thanks freaks!

I use latex cuffs and neck seals. Work better for me. I have tried the neoprene, leaked for me. Wet gloves and Hoods. Integrated socks and boots to fit over. Agan works for me.

Toby and Brockville present vastly difference thermal challenges to divers across most of the dive season.

I regularly dive Brockville in late spring through fall wearing very light gloves or no gloves at all, and light-weight thermal undies under a trilam drysuit. I routinely wear a 3mm hood (wet hood) and find it works fine.

Have not dived in Tobermory for a while but last time there I wore dry gloves and multiple layers of Fourth Element under my suit. I also used a custom-made cold-water hood (damp rather than wet) with neck bib.

I dive in the Great Lakes on a regular basis, and have several suits. ALL have latex seals... I simply find them more comfortable. Your mileage may vary but if this is a new suit you are investing in, check allergy or sensitivity to latex before you go that route.

Socks and over boots work for some folks... if you do go with socks, I suggest testing out the feet and feel of wetsuit booties rather than Rock Boots or equivalent. You may find that combo more comfortable while not impeding flexibility in your ankles.

Last edited:
I dive a Bare CD4 pro dry. It has a neoprene neck seal, latex wrist seals, and attached boots.
A CD4 is a 7mm suit compressd to 4mm, so it is less buoyant which means less weight on your belt. You will need less underwear than with a trilaminate suit, which can be expensive also.
A neoprene neck seal is warmer than a latex one, and I can't stand how tight a latex neck seal has to be to seal. I have never had my neck seal leak. I wear a 7 mm dry hood and 6/4 mm wet gloves.

Just received my White's Fusion with Bulletskin. Can't wait to try it out !!

Take a look at the Abyss line of dry suits.

Material
7 or 4mm Compressed Neopene with Toughcoat Nylon
Titanium Inner Coating
Available Kevlar Outer Coating
Entry
Shoulder
Standard Features
All Interior Seams Polymer Sealed
Exterior Zipper Guard
Kneepad Choice (Kevlar or Rubber)‡
YKK Dry Zipper
Drysuit Hood
Drysuit Bag
Vulcanized Boot Choice (Regular or Heavy Duty)
Sitech Valves and Air Supply‡
Seals
Neoprene Neck ‡
Neoprene Wrist ‡

DUI CLX-450.

Accept no substitutes.

When i am diving in cold water of Lake George (NY) i use a DUI TLS-350 with latex neck/write seals. But if i was buying today i would opt for the suggestion above the DUI CLX-450

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom