Drysuit problem.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucid

Contributor
Reaction score
Small Drysuit problem I forgot to mention in my previous post.
I have the DUI 450CLx with the normal rubber soled attached booties. There is a seem going right down the center of the boot. If the booties had laces the seem would go right down the center of the laces and right through your toes. The problem is that on the toes the stitching causes the fabric to bubble in and applies extremely uncomfortable preasure on my toes at depth. Adding air to the suit does not help and the pain gets so bad that after 30 minutes or so i have to surface. Anyone else seen this? The boot fits well and there is room between my toes and boots. I am waiting for DUI to open so that I can call and find out what I can do.

As good as DUI suit quality is its really amazing how poor their boot quality is. Mine (TLS 350) are less than comfortable too, not as bad as yours though, and I've heard others say the same.

Tom

I tried thicker socks and it helped a little but its still hurts to dive. It's bad enough to limit the amount that I use the suit. I guess I will give DUI a call and see what they say. I'll post their response.

WW,

I agree - The seam on my Left Foot is similar to lucid's, but not that bad. It looks like they went over the area three times. Funny.

Eric

I haven't had trouble with the seam, it just feels funny (like there was rocks in it) when I walk in it.

Superior Drysuit Repair www.drysuitrepair.com states "Boot and Latex Sock Replacement: Size and Style changes, many boot options available"

Obviously this is a pay for it option but I think its unlikely that DUI will do anything about it since they only make the one type boots.

Superior does good work at reasonable prices.

Tom

That is bothering you?

Quite possibly it is the seam. I have that problem. Scootereing is no problem, but swimming that damn seam dimple smashes down on my second toe, right at the cuticle, and forms a painful raw spot/ blister. Been doing it for 5 years now, i just use a little duct tape on the area in question pre dive.

O-ring,

I believe its the seam. If you look at the part of your shoes that covers your toes and pushed in on it until it kinda collapsed that would be like the DUI boot. And the fabric is very rigid and when under water is starts pushing against the middle toes. I tried going foot up and felt the air rush to my boots but it didn't really help. At rest underwater it isnt to bad but once you start kicking it becomes very painful. If I could find some kind of mold shaped like the steel in a steel toed boot it would solve the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom