Drysuit patch kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased a Whites Drysuit patch kit and had a question. In the manual it says to clean the area that the patch will be applied with acetone. In the kit there are two alcohol wipes. Do you use the alcohol instead of the acetone?

No I have not put a hole in my new Fusion. Although I am about to. I am going to put in a p-valve and I am going to use this as a little extra material where the p-valve goes.

Thanks
Phil

I just purchased a Whites Drysuit patch kit and had a question. In the manual it says to clean the area that the patch will be applied with acetone. In the kit there are two alcohol wipes. Do you use the alcohol instead of the acetone?

No I have not put a hole in my new Fusion. Although I am about to. I am going to put in a p-valve and I am going to use this as a little extra material where the p-valve goes.

Thanks
Phil

Hi Phil,

Yes, you would use the alcohol instead of acetone. The alcohol is used to remove any oils that may be present on the suit and interefere with the dry adhesive patches ability to bond. The instruction book was written before we had the alcohol wipes and it is being updated.

After you wipe the area with the alcohol, ensure it is completely dry before using the dry adhesive kit.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Regional Sales Manager
Whites Manufacturing

Well I am FINALLY ready to put the p-valve in. I was getting ready to put the patch on and it hits me. Does the patch go on the inside of the suit or the outside? My original thought was that it went on the inside. After ready the manual is does not say anything about flipping the suit inside out and from the pics it looks like it is on the outside.

Just thought I would ask before I heat that sucker up...

Thanks
Phil

Hi,

The patch always goes on the inner Ployurethane side of the drysuit. Do not attempt to patch on the outside of the suit as the patch will not adhere.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

Thanks for the info... The patch was very easy to install...

Phil

I was not doing a seal, just adding a patch for a p-valve install. If anyone is interested in the insall, you can see it here.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom