Drysuit options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikiko

Reaction score
Hi, I am a first time drysuit buyer... well the little lady bought me a Abyss tech for my 40th birthday... these are the options I can get and was wondering if this board could help me to choose the right ones and give a little info why to choose them... You can have a convenience zipper (pee zipper) with a flap if you like, 3D pocket (4x6" pocket about 1 1/2" thick with a velcro flap, welding rod pocket if you are an underwater welder, knife pocket. There are two valve options. The suit comes stock with Sitech valves (stationary inflate, low profile adjustable exhaust) rotating inflate available at a surcharge. You can also have Apeks or Poseidon at a surcharge. The suit comes with either kevlar or rubber kneepads, oversize kevlar is available as well. You can also upgrade to a HD BDM zipper if required. Any questions please feel free to email at any time. Oh, the suit comes in red, blue or black or a combination of those.:confused: Need the info from you all Thank you

Forget the convenience zipper and get a P-valve installed instead...even if you have to do it yourself. Let your air supply or RNT be the deciding factor, not the need to go.

Ahhh, what a wonderful invention!

:)

Edited to add a P-valve link

Self donning is the wave of the future.

Don't forget some kind of undersuit. Lots of ideas on undersuits from this board.

I bought a weight harness from Northern Diver. I don't like weight belts cause I have such a short body and they end up sitting on and giving my hips a cramp.

Get the welding rod pocket. You never know when you want to "put the torch" to something.....hahaha.

Hey man
I have owned two of the abyss pro 6.5 mm suits and THE options to get are, the upgraded commercial zipper, thigh pocket, kevlar knee pads, an apeks valves. The oly reason to get a releif zipper is if you are in the commercial side of diving, so go with the pee valve. I have had the custom fit on my suits and wouldn't buy of the shelf. If you are always going to be diving really cold, ie. lots of undies get the loose fit but if you are using it for the whole year get the snug fit, less air trapping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom