Drysuit Opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dono... I feel like I'll step on something getting into the water and tear the bottoms really easy. I was also thinking that with rock shoes on, I wouldn't have any air in my feet...since the shoes are somewhat stiffer then the suit, it doesn't quite squeeze the same and anyways.......but I haven't used the socks before.

My first drysuit was a 7mm O'Neill 7000x. I was pretty happy with it for the $$ (around 700). I just upgraded to a DUI CF200x. I love it so far, with the exception of some problems I've had with the zip gloves. I'd recommend regular seals w/ aftermarket installation of dry gloves if you go that route. I'm still relatively new to diving the DUI but I'll post a review to my blog once I work out all the bugs and have a good deal to say about it.

It really is a personal preference whether to go with neoprene or shell. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and one is not inherently better than the other. I bought both of my suits from Underwater Sports in Bellevue and they were very helpful in making sure everything turned out just right.:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom