Drysuit needs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok got a dry suit, now what do I need? Dry suit talc, a seal UV protector for the seals, and or zipper wax or zipper lubricant? thanks.:confused:

And a pair of fins that will fit the boots :D

Ok got a dry suit, now what do I need? Dry suit talc, a seal UV protector for the seals, and or zipper wax or zipper lubricant? thanks.:confused:

Sounds like a Dry Suit course might be in order.

:eyebrow:

This online DUI Drysuit Manual covers aspects of care, maintenance and usage pretty well, IMHO:

http://www.dui-online.com/pdf/drysuitmanual.pdf

Some divers find a drysuit course beneficial or even necessary. Others might just need a mentor.

Most of the divers I know became proficient in a few dives just by reading a good manual and practicing some basic drysuit skills. :)

Dave C

A little talc and some beeswax for the big zipper. Appropriate undergarments for the temps you will be diving in.

Is this an off the shelf unit or custom. I ask because an off the shelf may not fit like a custom and leave some rather large air spaces for air to transverse around the suit. you might need gators. definately get someone to run you through the paces of the dry suit. like bouyancy using the bc and suit. i prefer the bc to control boutancy and the suit to keep my working parts working. any way it is real easy to find yourself heading to the surface feet first with a GROWING problem. if you can get a course. the skiills you learn are those used nowhere but in the dry side. go to a dui dog rally. you can find it on the web they tour the country with perhaps 2 dozen stops showing thier goods. i have been to 3 and each time i find something new to make the dry time better. look for a crusty looking gal at check in. she is aabout as far up the dui food chain as you can get. she can look at you and tell you what problems you are having and what you need to fix it. the local dry divers will take you out and work with you.20.00 perhaps for a ticket but worth every bit os the price as are thier suits. and they feed you also twice....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom