Drysuit lube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2th divr:
Another vote for KY or the Walmart equivalent, about $2 less per tube
And at Wal-mart you can use the self checkout isle and not have to explain to the little old lady behind the counter what you are going to do with it.

DA Aquamaster:
And at Wal-mart you can use the self checkout isle and not have to explain to the little old lady behind the counter what you are going to do with it.

:: snicker :: thank God for self-checkouts..
Of course I wanted to choke my dive buddy this past Saturday when we were in La Jolla (and the beach was FULL of people)... and he held up the KY and said very loudly "hey whatcha got this big tube of KY for?? " That's ok though... he's shopping around for a dry suit.... and we all know that paybacks are hell :linkz:

Scottri:
I use unscented talc powder. There are silcon based lubricants out there but I've heard that they shorten the life of the seals and I've always had good luck with talc. I would use KY jelly if you want to use something other than talc. It's water based and would better for the latex or neoprene.

Scott

QFT

I often resemble an extra from Scarface before I enter the water, but who cares? Powder washes away and makes donning the suit a breeze.

Only trim the seals if they are tight on your neck, NOT while pulling over your head. They were not designed to seal around your head, so they are naturally tight going over the cranium. Some people are like my dive buddy whose massive head looks like an orange on the end of a toothpick, so his seal is very tight going over his head but is comfortable around his neck.

Do NOT dive, however, with a seal that is too tight around the neck. If thats the case, trim the seal.

I've seen some good deals on unscented talc on e-bay, otherwise you can get it at many dive shops and some pharmacies. I found some at a dive shop a few years back and stocked up.

That takes all the fun out of it. I usually give the old lady a little wink :laugh:

DA Aquamaster:

Back
Top Bottom