Drysuit Leakage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info. I will try this.
Does this work OK for the zipper area also?

eelpout:
So you can sleep at night, try this two methods of finding leaks in your suit. I started diving with the old Posiedon Unisuit in 78, now on a DUI CF200SE (10 years old and buying new one this year)

1. Tie your right wrist seal with a rubber band. Take your suit into a dark room and stick a light in the arm. If any light leaks through , you have found your leak.

2. Tie rubber bands on your wrist seals, find a bottle(1 liter soda bottle) and stick it in the neck seal. Zip up the suit, pump air into it and get it nice and firm. Don't put too much air in it or that bottle will take off on you. Take a spray bottle with water, some dish soap and spray over suspected areas. If it bubbles , you have found your leaks. (good for finding leaks anywhere on your suit)

The only other way to make sure it does not leak anywhere else is to send it back to the manufacturer or to Mark @ Superior Diving Repair.

Good Luck!

engdiver:
I am new to Drysuit diving and just bought a used drysuit. I noticed a small amount of leakage during a pool dive in the right shoulder and sleeve. How much leakage if any is normal to drysuit diving?

One other possibility is that maybe it's just sweat. If you're in a drysuit in a warm pool, you might just be sweating inside the suit. Sweat isn't too much of a problem when diving in cooler water, as long as you don't overwork yourself before you get in.

I am pretty sure it is not sweat. It is only on the one side and the sleeve inside was wet up to the wrist. My shirt was wet around the shoulder and down a ways.

do it easy:
One other possibility is that maybe it's just sweat. If you're in a drysuit in a warm pool, you might just be sweating inside the suit. Sweat isn't too much of a problem when diving in cooler water, as long as you don't overwork yourself before you get in.

It depends a bit where you are wet. If you are wet on your forearm or right near your neck it could be movement that caused the slight flood. If your right shoulder is wet, it is most likely the zipper.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom