Drysuit Heaters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LimitedVIZ

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone out there have any experience with battery-powered drysuit heaters? Thanks.

LimitedVIZ:
Does anyone out there have any experience with battery-powered drysuit heaters? Thanks.

There is a vest heated by battery power that a guy who is from NZ (I believe...) introduced at DEMA. Also, DUI offers a full suit of electric underwear.

Cheers!

LimitedVIZ:
Here they are http://www.patcoinc.com/faq.html but too rich for my blood.
I do use the battery powered glove liners, and they do work. Just more stuff to deal with.

LimitedVIZ:
I know someone who uses one. Its a Patco 25W heating pad powered by a small canister that lives behind his canister light.

He swears by it now...Note..it not meant to be a replacement for good underwear.

coreypenrose:
Why not use argon?

Corey,

Interestingly, there is current discussion on the board about the value of argon, and the results of a recent DRDC (previously DCIEM) study.

Cheers!

Rob

BigJetDriver69:
Corey,

Interestingly, there is current discussion on the board about the value of argon, and the results of a recent DRDC (previously DCIEM) study.

Cheers!

Rob

Link?

How about using a pocket heater instead? I used to have a pocket heater when I was a kid. It worked very well, and it is a really cheap option.

I have never used it with dry suit. However, why not?
It might not be a good idea with a neoprene dry suit though.

Just my 2 cent.

hoosier

hoosier:
How about using a pocket heater instead? I used to have a pocket heater when I was a kid. It worked very well, and it is a really cheap option.

I have never used it with dry suit. However, why not?
It might not be a good idea with a neoprene dry suit though.

Just my 2 cent.

hoosier
Actually, I sewed a little pocket in the front of my polypros, right where the air from my drysuit inflater blows in, and I sometimes drop a pocket heater into it. When I push the drysuit inflater, air blows through the pocket heater and into my suit. Since the thing is chemically heated by O2, it really gets warm when I'm on nitrox, and blows nice warm air into my suit. It's my 50 cent argon bottle!

...seems to me that I read the results of a study done by the USN on the use of argon. The results, as I remember, was that argon made no difference keeping one warm. In fact I think the results were that the divers were slightly colder when using argon in their drysuits.

Randy

BigJetDriver69:
Corey,

Cheers!

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom