Drysuit Fit - How Loose Is Too Loose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USIA:
Whenever you try on a suit, always put the suit on with the Undergarments, squat all the way down and tilt your head forward. If you don't have a tight seal around your neck, that means your torso is too short.
Sounds like good advice. I'll give that a try when I get my suit back. Thanks for the tip.

Jerry could you put together a list things that people should be aware of or tips like the above when they are trying on a suit for the first time? I think if we had this sort of thing it would make us a lot more aware when buying a drysuit be it off the rack or a custom.

Are you folding the neoprene neck seal back in, about 1/2" or so?

markfm:
Are you folding the neoprene neck seal back in, about 1/2" or so?

1/2"- 3/4" is what I've been doing. The first couple of times it would leak when I would bend my head forward. The other day it leaked even with my head tilted back.

The person who is fixing it, is going to make the neck longer in the back... He says that this has the habit of tilting the head forward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom