Drysuit fit after Pregnancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrobinson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
So I'm wondering about the women divers who had a custom drysuit that fit before getting pregnant. How long did it take to lose the weight and fit in the drysuit? Did your body just change too much that the drysuit just didn't fit anymore? Or did raising kids just take you away from diving altogether?
Thanks!
Michelle Robinson
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

mrobinson:
So I'm wondering about the women divers who had a custom drysuit that fit before getting pregnant. How long did it take to lose the weight and fit in the drysuit? Did your body just change too much that the drysuit just didn't fit anymore? Or did raising kids just take you away from diving altogether?
Thanks!
Michelle Robinson
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi, I have a Mobby's drysuit that fits better now than in did before I was pregnant. The only thing that I need to get fixed is the wrist and neck seals, they are too big now. My son is 20 months old, I have lost all the baby weight plus 10 pounds. I dive about once a month on average, not as much as I'd like but Cameron does take priority over diving.

Hope that helps!

That does help. I think I'll have a year of diving before I get pregnant but I want to get the DUI CLX450, custom fit. I'm just super scared to spend the money and not be able to use it after the babies come.

A friend of mine started diving something like a month after giving the birth.
Her drysuit she had before fits her perfectly.
Mania

mania - that helps. Did she gain much weight? Did this woman lose all the pregnacy weight first?

Back
Top Bottom