Drysuit Dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again, I strongly recommend the custom suit. If you amortizr the cost out over the life of the suit, it is worth the investment.

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
My measurements are almost identical to yours. My inseam (floor to crotch) is 33"...Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try one on (the LDS only ORDERS suits and does not stock any...great policy).

I emailed DUI my measurements and asked for their opinon on size. They 'suggested' a Large (assuming a 400g undie).

You might send them your specs just to see if they are consistent in their recommendations.

The co-owners of my LDS both have TLS drysuits. One was bought a few months ago, the other is 2 years old and both are mediums. One has rock boots, the other has the booties built in. Today I tried on both suits and 'simulated' undergarments by wearing a sweatsuit over my regular street clothes.

Both were a decent fit, but it was obvious from that exercise that I will need a large. The older suit with the rockboots had a little more room in it. The newer suit with the booties was definetly a little snug. Although I had full range of motion, I could feel it starting to bind a little at the limits. And the booties were DEFINETLY too small. No way I would be able to fin around for long in those.

So, now all I gotta do is make the final choices on color, pockets, and to P or not to P.

Thanks everyone for the great help. I will probably be ordering it after the first of the year (barring any major cash-tastrophies) and I will let everyone know how it works out.

Hallmac, ChicDiver, UP and O-ring, I have a few specific questions about some things each of you mentioned if you don't mind me PM'ing you about them.

Thanks again everyone.

Go with the P-Valve. You will like it, trust me. For pockets. Check out the bellows that fifth D makes. They are $30.00 each. Very large opening, two grommets for shock cord. I have one on my CF 200( the other is a DUI pocket) and love the velcro one a lot more.

Sorry if this confuses you a little more.

Eric:mean:

ericfine50 once bubbled...
Go with the P-Valve. You will like it, trust me. For pockets. Check out the bellows that fifth D makes. They are $30.00 each. Very large opening, two grommets for shock cord. I have one on my CF 200( the other is a DUI pocket) and love the velcro one a lot more.

Sorry if this confuses you a little more.

Eric:mean:

So you are suggesting that I have DUI install the P-valve before they ship it, but I add the 5th D pockets myself later?

And as a side note, I have never had a dive yet that a P-valve would be a necessity in and I don't see it as a problem in the forseeable future with a drysuit. But I'm kinda thinking it's one of those 'better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it kinda things'

That is up to you, but they are very easy to install. Same for the pockets. That way you can put them in the correct place and not have the pocket on your a**. That has happened to two people I know.

ERic

techdiver12 once bubbled...
dui also makes all dry siut in a cave cut

I am aware of that, but thank you for pointing it out.

I am having DUI install my Bellows pockets and the EE PValve.I want the suit ready to dive when i get it. i didnt want to deal with putting them on myself because i dont have any exp with it.

i did install the P valve on my last suit however i just perfer DUI does it. I have to wait almost 2 months for my suit so i figured why not have them do it all. I expect delivery the last week of Jan. It will be ready to dive thought, no modifications needed ( besides trimming the seals of course)

Andy

i ended up with a CLx450 SS, i was 90% a large but i was told i would have had 2 extra inches of length in the legs on a Large. I didnt want that much extra length in the legs hence the SS.

I sent DUI my measurements and they told me how the stock would fit, i sugest you aslo send your measurements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom