Drysuit decisions, any more thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't limit yourselve to those choices. I have a BARE XCD2 tech dry crushed neophrine
and I love it! Great value and cheaper than DUI drysuits. I would go BARE over DUI beacuse the value is close to the same and the BARE drysuits last forevger and costs hundreds less. :D

TechDiverWithHDcam:
Don't limit yourselve to those choices. I have a BARE XCD2 tech dry crushed neophrine
and I love it! Great value and cheaper than DUI drysuits. I would go BARE over DUI beacuse the value is close to the same and the BARE drysuits last forevger and costs hundreds less. :D

The Bare is NOT crushed neoprene. Not making a value judgement, just a factual statement that it is not made of crushed neoprene, the process is patented, so naturally nobody else will have "crushed" neoprene. DUI PR dept has much to say about that same issue.

scubadds:
Thanks,
I ended up scoring a used cx200 dui locally.
It had all the goodies for a great price

Thanks

How do you like your new drysuit? I think my next drysuit will be the DUI TLS 350
because it only weight 5 pounds versus 13 pounds for my BARE XCD2.
I caanot trravel with my XCD2 beacuse of the weight

JustinW:
The Bare is NOT crushed neoprene. Not making a value judgement, just a factual statement that it is not made of crushed neoprene, the process is patented, so naturally nobody else will have "crushed" neoprene. DUI PR dept has much to say about that same issue.

Yep you are right! DUI has the patent.
Now in PRACTICAL terms is ther a big difference between DUI Crushed neophrine and BARE hyper-conpressed neophrine?

I only mentioned it because yes, there are many differences. Thats one of the reasons DUI's entry level suit used compressed neoprene, the same stuff Bare uses. DUI offers both a crushed and a compressed suit. Notice the price difference. Now of course, many of us know that much of this is all marketing anyhow, but we should know the differences so we can make informed decisions.

For a better understanding, here is a start:
http://dui-online.com/tech_crushed_neo.html

It will be a while until the water is cold enought to try the suit
But I do like the fit and heavy duty construction

I can't imagine I will need much of a undergarmet as thick as it is
(I don't buy into the the compression debate..at least not for the temp range and depths/times I encounter in NC)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom