Drysuit cert dive -- Near panic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
Thanks, everyone. Yeah... The neck seal is just awful. I hate those things.

Rental drysuits may not have neck seals that are trimmed, and the LDS's may be hesitant to trim the neck seals so they fit a larger neck in comfort as a tight seal, while uncomfortable, still seals, but if it's too big, the drysuit becomes a wetsuit! :D

When you purchase your own suit, you can trim the seal so it fits comfortably. The neck seals are not bad if fitted correctly. Wait until you BREAK a neck seal at depth in cold water! That is uncomfortable!

What kind of seal? From the experience of me and my buddies, the rubber seals almost always need a ring or two trimmed to keep from getting that choking feeling. Are you using a vest or a BP/W? I've posted some of my buoyancy lessons using a BP/W in my latest blog at:

http://www.scubamage.com/blog.html

Usually just a shory pop of air into the suit when you clear your ears keeps the squeeze down.

Mike

Frank what kind of suit are you diving?

Fish_Whisperer:
I'm using a back-inflate. (Dive-Rite TransPacII)

The suit had a rubber neck seal.

It was a "Mobby's" suit.

Some drysuits come with neoprene neck seals.

Fish_Whisperer:
I'm using a back-inflate. (Dive-Rite TransPacII)

The suit had a rubber neck seal.

It was a "Mobby's" suit.

Good stuff on your blog, Mike. :thumb:

OH dude those suits stink thats the problem, send it up to me and I will be sure to fix it for you :popcorn:

jhbryaniv:
OH dude those suits stink thats the problem, send it up to me and I will be sure to fix it for you :popcorn:

Hahahaha... Plus, even though the suit fit fine, everywhere else, the damn boots were a half-size too small. Getting in and out of that suit was a friggin' nightmare. Yeesh.... (It was a rented suit)

Fish_Whisperer:
Hahahaha... Plus, even though the suit fit fine, everywhere else, the damn boots were a half-size too small. Getting in and out of that suit was a friggin' nightmare. Yeesh....

what size are they?

Ouch I have used my buddies drysuit boots and they are half a size to small. . . not fun at all. . . once I put the dry suit socks the wool socks and the dry suit on it took some muscle to get them on. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom