Drysuit boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP~
Have fun, it must be nice! I have to wait for the weekend.;-0

Originally posted by D.I.R.Lizard
UP~
Have fun, it must be nice! I have to wait for the weekend.;-0
Yeah... well I just got two phone calls in a row... and even though it is beautiful outside and there is this big bright shiny thing in the sky that we see every few years but not enough that I can remember what it is called.....

;-0 Now I gotta wait for the weekend too ;-0

I am new to drysuit diving ... as in I just bought a drysuit and have not been in the water yet! I bought a DUI TLS 350 - it comes with the rock boots. I have big feet (size 12) and I tried to get my feet into a pair of SP Jet Fins while wearing the rock boots. I think that my toes fit, but that was about it. I took the rock boots off and tried them with just the CN bootie that is attached to the suit and the fins fit great.

Here is my question... what is the story on wearing rock boots while diving? I certainly understand above water, what about under water? Do most people wear them? Is there a particular reason why or why not? I am just trying to figure out what fins I need to get in order to be able to get my feet into them.

Thanks!

I must throw in my vote for the rock boots too. Have them, use them, love them. And yes DPS2, you do where them under water in your fins. You just have to get larger fins than you would use in your wet suit. For me that meant that I had to use X-Large fins, but my actual foot size is only a 10. Also with rock boots you usually get a larger size shoe than you normally take so that you will have room for the insulation.

........Arduous.......

Originally posted by DPS2
Here is my question... what is the story on wearing rock boots while diving? I certainly understand above water, what about under water?
Congratulations on the suit DPS2.... you will enjoy it....
Now about them boots... you see they are for climbing down the rocks to get into the water.... then you are supposed to take them off and put one in each pocket... then put your fins on.... as you have already figured out the fins fit fine without the rock boots.

:wink:

Actually you need to get some Turtle fins if you have clod hopper sized rock boots. They have a huge foot pocket.

Back
Top Bottom