Drysuit boot replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a mobbys armor shell and looking to replace the boots on it with slightly larger boots. What shops do you guys use to do things like this? I'm just looking for ideas right now and probably will send the suit off when I find a suitable company. Thanks!

I do a lot of repairs on both Mobby's and Andy's suits. They are both pretty easy to work on. If you don't have a source for glue, Ace Hardware has a Contact cement/adhesive. It is yellow in color. A Quart usually runs about $14.00. A Gallon $22.00. The main thing is to thoroughly clean both surfaces before you glue. Use MEK for best results.

Can I order the boots directly from mobbys or a mobbys dealer? I don't mind doing the boots myself .. I mean .. what's the worst thing that can happen? I get a leak .. It wouldn't be the first time I've flooded a drysuit :p

Mobby's is defunct. No More. Kapoot. Looks like USIA does drysuit repair, DUI repairs most brands and I'm sure there are lots of other places that do too, and then you can always try it yourself. Good luck my friend.

JustinW:
Mobby's is defunct. No More. Kapoot. Looks like USIA does drysuit repair, DUI repairs most brands and I'm sure there are lots of other places that do too, and then you can always try it yourself. Good luck my friend.

http://www.mobbys.com/ -- Are you sure about that? They seem to be alive and kickin to me.

Can a person glue the waterproof rubber boots found at outdoor stores to the legs of a wetsuit and get a watertight, usable result?

Try Gamblescuba.com he is highly recommended in the cave diving community. I replaced the POS boots on my TLS350 with DiveRite 905 boots-very happy with the combination

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom