Drysuit - Bare Trilam HD Tech Dry vs. Ursuit Heavy Light Cordura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am sorry, but one more drysuit thread. I would like to buy new trilam drysuit and I can't make decision what brand is better. Or to be precise which product has better quality. I know that is like car purchase, but...

I have seen recently Bare Trilam HD Tech Dry (2008) and to be honest great suit. Of course, I've read all threads about this suit about here. I've got good recommendation for this suit. Right now it is my first choice.

Many people in Europe like Ursuit drysuits. One local dealer told me that Bare is more resistant than Ursuit but Ursuit is more flexible and comfortable. Do you have any experience with this manufacturer? Or do you know anybody who owns these Ursuit drysuits?

This one looks great. I don't like just black colour even under water :14:

URSUK

Oh yes, I live in the Czech Republic (Europe). Unfortunatelly, our dealers don't offer any possibility to try suits in the water. That's why I'm bit nervous and why is my choice so tough.

Thanks

Well,
I have no experience with Ursuit, but can tell few words about the HD Tech. In general, it's a great suit, the only thing which I do not like so far (could be a matter of getting used to the suit), is location of the dump valve on the left arm. When staying horizontal, the valve points inwards, just to Your head, which means just raising Your arm to dump air will not work. Instead, a bit more complex gesture needs to be performed and I keep catching myself still trying the good old way to release air, then being surprised it didn't work. You may want to have a look into it if You decided to go for Bare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom