Drysuit and bodily function

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dry suits are great but they are expensive. I love not getting the cold shock when I get in cool water. I have a "P" valve in my dry suit but only use it for longer dives. They are slightlyl aggravating to use, mostly just removing the condom cathater.

If you want a dry suit go for it. I think as a newer diver you shouldn't load yourself up with to much gear to soon. Dry suits take a little getting used to, they are different than wetsuit diving.

There are also some wetsuits that have relief zippers at the crotch area.

Brent

I pee in my wetsuit, just let a bunch of water in afterwards and it's fine. don't forget to hit the shower before dinner, though. I'd probably go diaper with a drysuit. at least you know it'll hold it in.

I don't want to expose anyone but I've seen one man diving with a wetsuit and have a little hole on his leg and a hose coming out of it... it was an unbalanced "p-valve"... not so much as valve, but will eliminate the bad smell after peeing in your wetsuit, I've started checking out on it and hope to get samples of catheters soon.

I was under the impression that a "suit heating event" was the norm. I generally hold it until I hit the water, release the warmth, then go about the dive. By the time the dive is over I'm fresh and clean. I'm going to find out about drysuits very soon, mine arrived last week. About every 4 dives I soak my 7mm wetsuit in a warm vanilla bubble bath. It stores in my regular closet next to my wifes dresses and doesn't smell at all.

Get a drysuit, you will be much happier in the 48 degree water here. I freeze my butt off in a Pinnacle semi-dry and wear a shorty underneath it.

ScubaMike05:
On a recent dive, I learned about a trick, but I haven't tried it yet.

Get inverted, pee, and then tuck your reg or octo in your neck and hit the purge valve to flush yourself off.

w.t.f. ? ok...

why not just put two scoops of "kitty litter" in each of your drysuit boots before you dive like the 'real hardcore divers' do? :D

Peter_C:
Get a drysuit, you will be much happier in the 48 degree water here. I freeze my butt off in a Pinnacle semi-dry and wear a shorty underneath it.

48 is definitely d/suit temps for me. Heck 59 is about as low as I go in a wetsuit (and that's for a single dive only!)

get the d/suit, get a P-valve and I doubt you'l go back.

Thanks everyone for your response. You guys and gals are awesome!!! :D I think I am going to hold off on purchasing a 7mm wetsuit, and save the money to buy both my fiancee and me drysuits instead.

Back
Top Bottom