Dryon Fisheye 16mm vs. Fix Fisheye UWL-04 for Recsea S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Nemrod, I was able to detach the adapter, will know to be rinsing it now!

I noticed in you picture you have a cap or something on your housing when without the lense attached. My RecSea 95 came with just a cap, but without it the glass seem to be very exposed to possible scratches. Do you use something to protect it if diving without a lens attached to your housing?

Thank you Nemrod, I was able to detach the adapter, will know to be rinsing it now!

I noticed in you picture you have a cap or something on your housing when without the lense attached. My RecSea 95 came with just a cap, but without it the glass seem to be very exposed to possible scratches. Do you use something to protect it if diving without a lens attached to your housing?

Good, great to hear. My point, you can call it an adapter or not, it matters not but:

1. It is an adapter and it will come off.

2. It needs to be rinsed after diving with the camera.

3. Being able to remove the "adapter" from your new Dyron lens makes the lens more useful on other cameras or future cameras you might own.

Natili, the "cap" you mention is not a cap, it is part of the FIX lens adapter kit for 67mm lenses. The "cap" threads on to the housing port and then the part that holds the lens snaps (over) on to it effectively converting a threaded lens to a bayonet lens.

There is a replacement protective port cap for the FIX90 and Recsea95 but I do not know where I put the link, it threads on unlike the supplied version that slips on and fall off never to be seen again.

N

Nemrod,

I think I wasn't very clear - the cap is not on the lense, but on the RecSea S95 housing, I think this is what you called "is a replacement protective port cap" - it slips on and doesn't have a threaded mount. That's the thing that I am trying to figure out what I can put on instead to protect the glass when I am diving without the lense (or is it that once you start using wet lenses you'll never want to dive without them?) . Attaching the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 142
Nemrod,

I think I wasn't very clear - the cap is not on the lense, but on the RecSea S95 housing, I think this is what you called "is a replacement protective port cap" - it slips on and doesn't have a threaded mount. That's the thing that I am trying to figure out what I can put on instead to protect the glass when I am diving without the lense (or is it that once you start using wet lenses you'll never want to dive without them?) . Attaching the picture.

Yes, there is a cap available but it only protects the port threads and surround, not the port glass. I have used, on camera housings I have had in the past and also have one for my FIX90, a 52mm UV filter. The "adapter" that came mounted on your Dyron 16mm fisheye lens should be 52mm also. So, you could install the adapter and then install a standard UV filter for protection of the port glass in rough and rugged diving however, generally you will not need this level of protection and you probably will have your Dyron lens or a macro on much of the time. I do shoot quite a bit through the port however thus my preference for bayonet lenses.

I also have a rubber lens hood in a 52mm, I can mount the 52/44 adapter, UV filter and lens hood and this allows me to take "wet" action photos in the surf or aboard my boat or kayak etc. That is the main use I find for installing a filter and hood on my FIX90 housing. I can also mount a circular polarizing filter in the same way.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom