Drying a Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke - for sure warm last week. Sharp drop in temps over the weekend. Today...in the teens with the wind chill.

divad - thanks for the link.

Thanks to the others for your replies.

But the winds canceled Thursday, Sunday and today's dives. And my new suit dives so nice.

I have and use a hangair I find if I do get the suit wet it dries it nicely over night. The boots i have a neoprene and usually dry fast but are the last part to dry. my suit usually isnt that wet inside just some sweat from diving.

That's why I bought Seaskin Nova with neoprene socks. Very easy to dry.

formernuke - where in New England are you diving at this time of the year?

Jamestown RI, cape cod or cape ann are the usual haunts but I'm open to ideas.

"! Read the DUI Owner’s Manual on the best way to care for your drysuit. It’s free and available for download on our website. With proper care your drysuit will last years."

They say electric motors create ozone which is a bad thing for drysuit seams and neck/wrist seals.

Current computer fans (those used in Hang Air) and similar DIY dryers are Squirrel cage AC motors feeded with DC. The electronic circuitry inside the fan converts DC to AC with frecuency control, so, DC motors no longer have collector and brushes (sparks) that create ozone.
Yes, ozone is very bad for drysuit seals, but computer fans no longer produce ozone.

I've done boat dives with Cape Ann Divers, but not in a number of years. Are you doing shore dives now?

There's not much in the area of CT where I'm at. There is one lake nearby, but you have to fin out a ways until you can get some depth.

I've done boat dives with Cape Ann Divers, but not in a number of years. Are you doing shore dives now?

There's not much in the area of CT where I'm at. There is one lake nearby, but you have to fin out a ways until you can get some depth.

I'm a cheap bastard I pretty much shore dive year around. I'll do an occasional charter.

Yeah CT doesn't have much for shore dives or charters right now for that matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom