Drying a Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just received my new Seaskin Nova with integrated, hard sole boots. I haven't dived in it yet (still a bit cold in the Northeast), but want to get setup to be able to dry it properly, especially the boots. I know some people use a HangAir, while others turn the suit upside down and hang it either with a drysuit hanger for the boots, or a self made PVC apparatus. So, my questions are:
  1. Does it make a difference - right side up vs upside down?
  2. Does the Hangair do a good job in getting the boots dry?
  3. Is a boot dryer with heated air ok to use, or, will the heat have an adverse effect on the inner seams and taping?
Thanks

It seems unusually warm for winter up here to me. The winds on the other hand are getting really annoying.

I hang mine up with a dry air right side out. I'm curious as to what others do.

Air circulation is important, I only use neoprene feet in my suits (a by product of big feet but would go that way anyway) so if I get the inside wet I can just pull it inside out, for the boot type hanging by the feet is good but have something blowing air around inside the suit.

I hang mine over a clothes rack, torso on one side and legs on the other with zipper wide open.
Never had an issue with moisture in the shoes.

A lot of people hang them upside down but to me that seems like it would just trap moist air up top in the shoes.

I generally hang mine up with the zipper open - never had a problem with it drying out. Been told to allow airflow but don't dry it with a blower or fan. Sometimes if I've had to pack it up for transport, been known to stuff newspaper in the boots. Just make sure you unpack and pull out the paper immediately after travel is done.

HangAir (hanger with fan in it). Works a charm.

The title makes me think of driving on a parkway.

formernuke - for sure warm last week. Sharp drop in temps over the weekend. Today...in the teens with the wind chill.

divad - thanks for the link.

Thanks to the others for your replies.

Back
Top Bottom