Drying a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clipperTT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi guys,

I'm wondering what's the best way to dry my fusion suit with out having to turn it inside out all the time?

Thx

I hang my neoprene suit upside down by the boots and have a fan on the floor that can point vertical up into the suit with the zipper open. My zipper opening in this position sits about 2 feet off the floor. Works quite well.

Almost all fast drying techniques will create ozone which will deteriorate the seals so be careful.

Common fans and blowers don't produce ozone. Ignition systems (like in a furnace) and brush type motors will.

I hang mine in the bathroom with the zipper open, and run a fan into the door of the room. That will dry the inside pretty well, unless the suit has actually flooded. In that case, I do turn it inside out until the inside is dry (which is pretty fast).

Turn it inside out. Its a pain but if your don't get it dry inside it tends to get a really funky odor in side the suit. Get the inside dry, then turn it right side out and get the outside good and dry. As mentioned before, a fan motors and such produce ozone (anything that has any kind of electrical arc will) and ozone kills the materials most dive gear is made off.

Just hanging it upside down in warm breezy area will dry it out eventually.
I am thinking of making up some absorbent packages with the stuff you find when you purchase electrical equipment? to help remove and maintain moisture.

Just hanging it upside down in warm breezy area will dry it out eventually.
I am thinking of making up some absorbent packages with the stuff you find when you purchase electrical equipment? to help remove and maintain moisture.

Silica Gel Desiccant

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom