Dry Tortugas Beyond Beautiful!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jessica Anderson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
No scuba on this trip, just paddleboarding and snorkeling but it was so beautiful I just wanted to share a few photos.
It was my first time to the Tortugas and I was so surprised at how much the water looked like Bahamas water!

tortugas-paddleboarding-e1443754012671.jpg

tortugas-e1443754056155.jpg

paddleboarding-tortugas-daryl-e1443754115209.jpg

On our list to go

No scuba on this trip, just paddleboarding and snorkeling but it was so beautiful I just wanted to share a few photos.
Sweet clear viz....How did you get to the fort,,,cause paddle boards aren't small ??

When we took a trip to KW, my inlaws mentioned one of the best trips they ever took was the seaplane trip out to Ft Jefferson in the DT. We ended taking the trip with the kids and it was one of our best trips as well, even though no diving involved. We took one of the later afternoon flights so we had the island and fort to ourselves. We enjoyed the snorkeling as well. I would highly recommend the plane trip. You fly low enough to see wrecks and fish and turtles in the water. Thanks for sharing

Attachments

• IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
It was my first time to the Tortugas and I was so surprised at how much the water looked like Bahamas water!

tortugas-paddleboarding-e1443754012671.jpg

tortugas-e1443754056155.jpg

paddleboarding-tortugas-daryl-e1443754115209.jpg

Went on the Keys wreck trek on the Spree this summer and had a blast. I would love to go down to the Dry Tortugas on the Spree next season. I hear the diving is excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom