Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunFishSarah

Reaction score
Aloha!

I would appreciate hearing the ladies perspective on dry suits. I've managed to come out on top with wetsuits thanks to everyone's advice and I'd like to do the same with dry suits.

I'm looking at the DUI for a number of reasons including the fact that I can have fantastic pink strips on the arms!! It's all about the look isn't it? (JUST KIDDING!)

Mahalo,

Sarah

I have a DUI CLX450 and I love it. A good drysuit will last eons longer than a wetsuit. It's worth the investment.

Sarah,

I have an USIA Aqua Sport drysuit with latex socks. Quite a bit of my diving is in SoCal and even though I can usually dive a 7m wetsuit comfortably, staying dry on the surface is a real plus for my drysuit. Also with the latex socks all I have to do is buy a pair of booties 2 sizes larger and I can still use the same fins as I use for wetsuit diving.

Roz In Phx

SunFishSarah:
Aloha!

I would appreciate hearing the ladies perspective on dry suits. I've managed to come out on top with wetsuits thanks to everyone's advice and I'd like to do the same with dry suits.

I'm looking at the DUI for a number of reasons including the fact that I can have fantastic pink strips on the arms!! It's all about the look isn't it? (JUST KIDDING!)

Mahalo,

Sarah

I guess I'm a little puzzled about "the ladies perspective on dry suits"? What information are you looking for that is gender specific? A good drysuit is a good drysuit.

As it happens I have a DUI 350TLS with neoprene seals, kevlar knee pads, and Rock Boots. It's a great suit. :thumb:

SubMariner:
I guess I'm a little puzzled about "the ladies perspective on dry suits"? What information are you looking for that is gender specific? A good drysuit is a good drysuit.

As it happens I have a DUI 350TLS with neoprene seals, kevlar knee pads, and Rock Boots. It's a great suit. :thumb:

Well, I think that, um.....well, maybe you haven't noticed, but some of our parts look and function a little differently. :D
By soliciting women's opinions, hopefully, one can get a few additional tips.
Does the term 'pee valve' mean anything????? :laughing:
Well I guess that 'depends', on whether one is a male or a female!!!!!

Visit http://www.usia.com. They have an online tool that will let you design your own drysuit: options & colors. Quality is the same or better than DUI. It takes about 3 weeks for a custom suit. I'm very happy with mine, it was worth the wait.

SubMariner:
Actually, the question isn't as far fetched as one might think.

I tried to order a custom Bare XCD2 drysuit through my local dive shop. When the shop called Bare to get a ladies custom measurement sheet, the representative strongly (and persistently) advised us against ordering the XCD2. According to the rep, they have had problems with the cut and fit of that particular suit in the bust area for women, even on custom orders.

The only drysuits that they were willing to stand behind the fit on for women were the CD4 Pro Dry and the D6 Pro Dry.

Having said that, I do know some women who use Bare drysuits and they personally have not had a problem with the fit.

SubMariner:

Most of them have different cut - so if you take any producer you will find male and female ones. Take a close look and you will quickly see the difference in the way they are cut which reflect the differences between male nad female body.
I will not make any further comments - otheriwise they will kill me for inappriopriate comments so I will not offer some free lessons for you on these differences :D
Mania

I have a custom DUI triilaminate, kevlar knee pads, with latex seals. I have been diving with it for a year. The snuggest part of the suit is the hips, especially when getting in & out of the suit. Not a problem if you are a slender hipped person.

I think that custom is not that the suit is cut specifically for you but that DUI takes your measurements and gets the best fit with their standard parts. So you could hava a large size bottom and a medium size top. t

The trilaminate is great. Light weigth and fast drying. The feet take a little longer to dry so I flip them inside out if I am diving back to back days.

The one piece DUI stretch fleece is the best. I never feel the moisture from condensation/perspiration. Also one or two pair of fleece socks are nice too.

You might consider the zip seals. My buddy just got the zip seals and dry gloves and really likes the warm dry hands. A little bit more difficulty suiting up.

I really like drysuit diving especially now with colder day time temperatures. Also it is nice to have more mobility with arms verses 7mil wetsuit arms.

Are there any opinions about when to get a drysuit? I know that dove with a wetsuit for a year and had over 50 dives before switching to a drysuit. Having good buoyancy control is really necessary with a drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom