Dry-suits: Your Biggest Gripe...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving less since I got one, weird concept.

I'm working on it...

My biggest gripes are getting in and out of my back-entry dry suit, especially on a rocking boat, having to use more weight, and then the after-dive maintenance is more involved than when compared to using a wet suit. I dive a trilaminate, and like the versatility in the thickness of undergarments I can use, and the wide range of water temps I can dive using it.

I still dive wet more than dry, primarily because of the water temp where I dive the most and simplicity and convenience of a wet suit.

:cheers:Thanks all for your input. This is exactly what I needed to hear.:clapping:

Any other Gripes??:spock:

I know their out there somewhere.:letsparty:

Mine is that now that I got it I want to dive it. My dive season never ends! :D Sorry guys but that is as bad as it gets.

packing it for a cold water trip and making the luggage limits (no chance!)

i swear i would never do another cold water trip via flights but i will do a road trip....... just too much luggage

I own a Bare CD4 pro

I like the back entry, it cleans up the front of the suit a lot.
I like the compressed neoprene, less buoyant than a open cell neoprene, less underwear than a trilam. More underwear equals more bulk and more lead.The underwear can end up costing almost as much as the suit.The compressed neoprene stands up better.
I like the neoprene neck seal and latex wrist seals.

I don't like that I have to replace the zipper this winter.

My problem is not the suit itself but the LDS's in my area. You walk in there saying you're interested in a DS, they wipe off the drewl and instantly they show you DUI. When you inquire about something not as expensive (mainly because I do not need a super heavy duty suit), they maybe show you something else, if they carry anything else. Then ask them the pros and cons between trilam (or similar) and crushed neo, I have gotten the deer in the headlights stare. One guy invited me to dive with him one weekend so he could show me this crushed-neo suit (he didn't have my size to try myself). He came out filled waist deep with water...good sales tactic.

Back
Top Bottom