Dry-suits: Your Biggest Gripe...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my biggest gripe is i cant pee in it!

dependprotectiveunderwear.jpg

Waxing the zipper. I find this is just too complicated of a process to endure.

LOL! (I got it.)

If you have had more than one drysuit, it might be nice to hear the difference.

I have two DUI suits: A TLS350 trilaminate suit and 30/30 tropical drysuit.

Love them both. The only difference between the two is that when you wear the TLS350 in 45deg water in NJ no one laughs at you. But when you don the 30/30 on a dive boat in Hawaii or a live-aboard in the Caymans, everyone seems to have a comment...

:14:

I like the fit of my DUI TLSse but I still have problems dumping gas--it seems that the dump valve is moved forward on the arm in the rear entry suits. I haven't decided yet if I can fix it with technique or whether I'll have to change something. (I expect to like the fit even more when I swap out the supplied TurboSoles for a size smaller, so they don't flop around like kids' pajamas.)

The price when it breaks - you can bet my zipper will be waxed much more often in the future - $350 to replace it. And I agree with Almightywife. I can't pee in it (yep won't pee in it either). On my last boat dive the guys kidded me to invent a femaly external catheter. :)

They're to doggone expensive!

I like the fit of my DUI TLSse but I still have problems dumping gas--it seems that the dump valve is moved forward on the arm in the rear entry suits. I haven't decided yet if I can fix it with technique or whether I'll have to change something. (I expect to like the fit even more when I swap out the supplied TurboSoles for a size smaller, so they don't flop around like kids' pajamas.)

Sorry, couldn't resist.:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom