Dry suits and Catheters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also "prime" by peeing through the plumbing before you zip yourself completely in for two reasons. 1) fills the tube with fluid so there is no air. 2) make sure there are no kinks or restrictions that prevent urine flow in the system before you zip yourself in. If there is a kink you can react before a "blow out" and you get yourself soaked with.. well you know.

So if you use your p-valve before zipping up, to make sure there is no kink, doesn't the pee just come out all over your drysuit leg onto the deck/shore? Isn't that kinda gross? I feel like some step is missing

(I've never used a p-valve before...)

People will step into the water while testing.

I use zip ties, most effective, never have one fall off..,,

Reactions: Jax
So if you use your p-valve before zipping up, to make sure there is no kink, doesn't the pee just come out all over your drysuit leg onto the deck/shore? Isn't that kinda gross? I feel like some step is missing

People will step into the water while testing.

Yes, that is one approach. That is what I do when I am in a situation where that is possible. On a boat with waves? I am probably going to be careful when suiting up and take the risk.

I do a lot of diving in a site in a primitive area on the prairie. There are no facilities. We will do a number of dives in a day, and it is most convenient to leave the dry suit on between dives. You will occasionally see divers take brief walks away from the diving/dressing area and then stand still for a while, with their backs to the group.

Gross?

Get over it!

(I've never used a p-valve before...)

Yes peeing and pooping are very gross. You should quit doing it.

Fair enough! I just didn't want to be "that guy" for smelling like pee before a dive. But if everyone is doing it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this was asked in this thread (or one of the seemingly hundreds of condom catheter threads out there), but I'm confused on the "placement" of your unit in the catheter. What I mean is I was originally told to size it so that there is some space between your tip and the condom tip, but that has caused some uncomfortable issues when relieving myself. More recently I read threads where a few people suggested that (just like a "regular" condom) your unit should fit all the way in the condom cath, so that there really isn't much room between your tip and the condom tip. This seems better as it would eliminate the potential "kink" in the condom tip, which is what I've been experiencing.

So my question is, should your "head" be all the way in the condom catheter (like a regular condom), or should there be a decent gap between your end and the tip of the catheter?

My question is where do people get replacement tubing? And what type of tubing?

I have read comments on everything from home depot latex tubing to fish tank tubing.

My question is where do people get replacement tubing? And what type of tubing?

I have read comments on everything from home depot latex tubing to fish tank tubing.

I purchased additional norprene tubing from McMaster-Carr...1/4" ID, 1/2" OD, 1/8" wall, item number 51075K29. I got 5 feet of it for $11.50. The tubing I got matched the tubing that came with my halcyon p-valve.

---------- Post added January 28th, 2015 at 02:31 PM ----------

:bump:

This thread has been too quiet! :D

Nice bump...still never saw the link to that video though... :D

Dry suits and catheters...

...and whiskers on kittens
Jet fins with spring straps and warm neoprene mittens
Blue H's on webbing, steel backplates with wings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Bright shiny bolt snaps on seven-foot hoses
Black colored mask skirts with purge-valveless noses
O2 and nitrox stage bottles with slings

Frog kicks in fundies with J.J. and GUE
Wetnotes and slap straps and a surface marker buoy
Light heads and wreck reels clipped off on D-rings

When my job bites
When my wife complains
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad!

Do you think Fraulein Maria was a diver?

Fraulein.png

Back
Top Bottom