Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI makes dry suits for warm water diving. It's all about the insullation if you have a shell type suit. So you just thin down what's underneath for teh water temperature. You can still get cold in the (realitively warm) Hawiian water.

Normal body temperature - 98.6 degrees
What we call "warm" water temperature - 75 degrees?

difference: 23.6 degrees

Prolonged exposure of a long, or a number of sequential dives - you will suffer the effects of lowing your body core temperature. Nothing wrong with diving a DS in that environment.

I would also recommend Joakim at Island Divers if you are on Oahu. He is always in his TLS350, and I believe they have a small selection of rental suits for you to try, as well as being a DUI dealer.

FWIW I preferred doing longer/deeper dives in my Fusion drysuit in Hawaii, including some dives nearing 2 hours exposure. It takes several dives to learn to adequately control the suit, and my biggest problem was keeping too much air in the suit, especially in thin undergarments where it seems like there is a finer line between Too Much Squeeze and Not Enough Squeeze in regards to controlling the air bubble in the suit.

Peace,
Greg

Back
Top Bottom