Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldenwingk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im an advanced diver and i live in western canada, the water temperatures can go as low as 4 degrease Celsius. this up coming winter i am hoping to buy a dry suit that is suitable for cold water dives and for ice dives!
i was wondering if anyone could suggest some good drysuits that has integrated boots and dry gloves as an add on, because i am mostly familiar with DUI dry suits and BARE but i don't know much about them and which brand would be best for me.

I have a dui 905 that I love. for some it is like buying a car. Do you like ford or chevy. I would suggest going to a dive shop that has several types in stock and ask questions and try them on. Make sure the one you gets fits correctly.
Mine has integrated boots. Some like overboots. Try both types on then decide.

I have a dui 905 that I love...

I'm betting you mean Dive Rite 905, right?

Dive Rite has integrated boots on their 905. Look at Whites, they just announced boots on their Fusion. Lots of rave reviews on the fusion, and it dives really, really, well.

I wouldn't worry so much about integrated gloves, because you can use dry gloves that attach with a ring system, or thick wet gloves. Each has its pros and cons.

I sure like my Whites Catalyst 360. Boots can be added if you like.

This weekend I was in lake michigan with my TLS350 with zip gloves and the water temp was 37F. For warmth your undergarments are what really matters. I use under armor for a base layer and 4th element artics and I was toasty

DUI CFx450 or CF200

Im an advanced diver and i live in western canada, the water temperatures can go as low as 4 degrease Celsius. this up coming winter i am hoping to buy a dry suit that is suitable for cold water dives and for ice dives!
i was wondering if anyone could suggest some good drysuits that has integrated boots and dry gloves as an add on, because i am mostly familiar with DUI dry suits and BARE but i don't know much about them and which brand would be best for me.

I think most of us are die-hard DUI fans. However, there are many good Canadian companies like Whites, Brooks and Abyss.

First & foremost you need to decide which type of material you want (compressed neoprene, shell (trilam, bi-lam, rubber), regular neoprene) then progress from there.

Take care, eh?!

Considering your in Western Canada, I'd opt for Bare. Frank White from Vancouver started White suits, then opened FitzWright. His company acquired Bare. His suits are known for excellent craftmanship and long service. As a dive store owner in B.C. I maintained a dealership for FitzWright and U.S. Divers/Aqualung (Frank is the Canadian distributor for these brands as well). I sold hundreds of FitzWright / Bare suits over the years and never had a unsatisfied customer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom