Dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your valve question has been answered (BTW skull, you forgot the butt exhaust :D ).

I use latex seals. My experience is they provide a little better seal and you don't need the noeprene to keep you warm in the caves.

I will also suggest you get a crushed neoprene suit. IMO it holds its form better and prevents a lot of the problems of air movement that you get with trilam. I'm sure this has just opened up a whole new can, but I think, given the choice and having the money, most would choose crushed neoprene.

I do agree that resistance does follow you, but it seems to only bothersome in high flow (like I said in my opinion).

Standard config one vent on left arm and filler on chest obviously with latex seals (otherwise it would be a semi-dry suit, which I have no experience with). Save yourself some money, if money wasn't an option, you would get a fitted drysuit. Diving it isn't that difficult, but I suggest doing some open water dives, then maybe progressing to an easy cave like peacock.

As I said before the foot size makes a big difference. I personally dive a viking with or without gaters, but the big feet make it challenging at times and deffinatly a calf workout. Remember diving it with a constant squeze isn't a good idea (for example when you are in deco), but rather you should be able to keep a comfortable amount of air to keep yourself warm and out of pain or brusing.

Good luck!

GDI:
Your kidding me right?

I added the "redundant wrist seals" thingy just in case someone didn't catch the lighter sarcasm preceding it.

Not that there was anything wrong with the initial question or the answers being given, I was just in that kind of a mood.

On a more serious note, though, I think the material (trilam, neo, crushed neo) the vent placement (upperarm, wrist) and the feet (attached or rock boots) are all choices of small individual preference and the truly important factor is diving the suit. After several dozen dives with various undergarments and weight placement choices you will become comfortable and proficient in diving your suit. Also very helpful is making some of those dives with buddies who are very proficient dry divers who will give you valuable tips and feedback on how you are looking in the water.

Buy a suit. Dive. Dive some more. Have fun!

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom