Dry suit? Wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just put a Henderson Gold Core on layaway. The full suit & the farmer shorty. Anyone have any input on these suits? I dive primarily 72 degree water in caverns/caves. Thinking 5 for the full suit & 3 for the farmer shorty.
Any thoughts would be helpful. Right now I dive an old black 2pc navy 5/5 = 10mil. I float like a cork! :D

Thanks, David

thethumper once bubbled...
I just put a Henderson Gold Core on layaway. The full suit & the farmer shorty. Anyone have any input on these suits? I dive primarily 72 degree water in caverns/caves. Thinking 5 for the full suit & 3 for the farmer shorty.

This should work fine for you, in my experience. I dive a Henderson Gold Core 7/5 jumpsuit with a 3/5 hooded vest (10/5 combined) here around San Francisco. The water is 50-55 degrees, and I have yet to decide not to dive because I was cold (and I do tend to get cold easier than many). Your combination would be 8/5 total with the jumpsuit and shorty. I can't imagine you having any trouble diving 72 degree water.

Just my experience. Best of luck.

I bought a drysuit first, which is great for anything chilly (65 or below)...since the waters in NE can get into the high 30s, winter diving almost requires me to dive dry.

That being said...
I just got a 7mm Bare Hooded Arctic suit for Christmas, which was just what I wanted. I won't use it much until July or so, but diving in August when it is 95 degrees out and you are only 30 feet of water from the shore in a drysuit blows....It's like being in a pressure cooker! Being wet isn't always a bad thing. Plus, I'm bringing the suit down to the Bahamas in February...it'll be a bit of overkill, but I'll be nice and toasty.

jonnythan once bubbled...

I second that.. I paid $760 for my Northern Diver drysuit, brand new. It's every bit as high quality as the DUI suits I've seen... why pay $2000+ when you don't have to?

I have a DUI drysuit, I didn't pay new anything close to 2 Grand for it...

... and there are DUI suits that are close to the range you speak of for the ND suit... now to your point, there ARE other quality suits out there...

Don't buy the cadillac if an oldsmobile with suffice...

wb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom