Dry suit undergarments - lossless washing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adds to my charms...

Thinsulate is the big problem, because of the way the fibers are made, but fleece will eventually stiffen and pill, especially if dried on high heat.

What is Thermal Fusion made of? Not of Thinsulate, I guess. In the video Whites says, the outer layer was made of fleece, but the inner?

I'm not really sure, but it appears that the whole garment is made of layers of fleece and nylon. I don't see anything that looks like Thinsulate.

This is a non detergent wash.
Nikwax Tech Wash - 10 oz. at REI.com

Typically I use Woolite. Not much just a little in the washing machine. I read to use bleach only too. Washing machine set to a gentle cycle. My undergarments get washed about once a year.

Now my base layer of fleece gets washed pretty much every time unless we are doing multiple days of diving and they have time to dry out in between. I have multiple sets of base layers though, which are just fleece pants and fleece sweatshirts.

Back
Top Bottom