Dry Suit Seal Fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kennyscot

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got the new dry suit. I'm new to the neo neck seals. How tight should they be. Tight enough to keep water out and loose enough to keep from turning purple and being able to breathe. Any basic rules on neo neck seals. I can put my head through but its pretty darn tight, then with the folding under, wow!!

Now with that said....same thing about latex wrist seals........How tight should they really be. I carefully put them on and know they need to be trimmed some...but at what point do you stop trimming..when it feels like???

Thanks for all the help

Kennyscot:
Got the new dry suit. I'm new to the neo neck seals. How tight should they be. Tight enough to keep water out and loose enough to keep from turning purple and being able to breathe. Any basic rules on neo neck seals. I can put my head through but its pretty darn tight, then with the folding under, wow!!

Now with that said....same thing about latex wrist seals........How tight should they really be. I carefully put them on and know they need to be trimmed some...but at what point do you stop trimming..when it feels like???

Thanks for all the help
neo neck seal should feel snug once folded over..a little too tight now is ok for it is new..can stretch a bit over a tank left overnight..wrist seals tight but not so tight to restrict circulation..

Stretch it over a tank, sound like alot of trial amd error, but thats ok, just want to do the right thing

Back
Top Bottom