Dry Suit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcSnap

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all, I have been using Talc on my latex IE cuffs and neck... Someone told me to use Seal Saver from Aquaseal instead.. I am just not sure on when to use it, should I use it before putting it away for the winter or should I use it all the time?? Can I also use the talc after applying the seal saver??.

Thank you

MarcSnap

I use Seal Saver after a weekend of diving, when putting the suit away until the next trip. While diving, I use talc to help facilitate donning the suit. I think of Seal Saver as something to retain oils within the latex, thus helping to prevent drying out.

Seal Saver is great to use after you've cleaned and dried your suit. It really does hlep the rubber gaskets last longer, and I use it often. Seal Saver is not something that you'd use when donning your suit.

Seal Saver is not something that you'd use when donning your suit.

I completely agree with you, but I've seen it advertised as being beneficial to ease donning. :idk: Must be because the latex won't crumble while pulling the neck seal over your head:D

Thank you very much guys for the help,, much appreciated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom