Dry suit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi - am new to the site. Wondering if any of you have used the chemical hand (or foot) warmers with your dry suits? They are made for hikers and skiers but I thought they could be used with the suits, too... want to keep warm in really cold waters. Many thanks.

Bad idea. You can't turn it off if you get too hot.

If the bag punctures, you could end up with nasty burns before you manage to take your knife and cut big holes in your drysuit.

All you need is appropriate underwear, gloves and hood. Cold hands and feet are caused by a cold core and head. Keep these warm and your hands and feet will be warm too.

Terry

Also.. use the restroom before you dive in cold water and get rid of both the liquid and solid waste..
Believe it or not but it has a quite noticeable effect on how cold youll be :wink:

as long as I have enough air in my suit I'm always warm enough, even in 40deg waters.

Thanks for the tip. No, I would not put them directly on the skin... thanks a bunch.

Appreciate the idea; thanks...

Thanks - have a lot to learn about cold water diving; am very experienced in warm water (over 1000 dives) but love the stuff in cold water and want to do more diving there in the future... BA

Thanks; have really enjoyed this first experience with contacting the forum. BA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom