dry suit neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a problem with my dry suit neck seal it is too tight I tried the coffee can trick to streach the seal I left the can on for 3 months, but if I leave it for a few days it gets back to its original size and once again the face turns red.

Does anybody have any othe ideals on how to solve this problem???

I am looking for a solution that would not involve replacing the seal completely.

trim it

What happened to my neck seal when I bought my dry suit was that the LDS cut off 1 mm at a time. I kept trying on the dry suit every time a slice was taken off until I could breathe. I now have the perfect fitting neck seal so would recommend this way providing you don't cut too much off. It is not neoprene though.

Neoprene neck seals need to be stretched not cut. Try stretching it over a tank for a day and see if that works for you.

Tygh:
Neoprene neck seals need to be stretched not cut. Try stretching it over a tank for a day and see if that works for you.

Stretching helps only a bit. If the opening is too restrictive, stretching will not be sufficient.

Trim the seal ... a little bit at a time.

This is dangerous, unconsciousness is a real possibility with a too tight fit. Hand swelling is also possible from too tight cuffs.

What is your seal material, latex or neoprene?
Neoprene needs to be stretched at least a few hours, preferably overnight of the day before you dive. It will return "almost" to its normal size within a few hours. Once stretched a few dozen times it will have it's maximum set taken, & then can be trimmed if need be.
Stretching does nothing for latex, it needs to be trimmed.

ShakaZulu:
This is dangerous, unconsciousness is a real possibility with a too tight fit. Hand swelling is also possible from too tight cuffs.

Also .. hand numbness.. from lack of circulation.

Back
Top Bottom