Dry Suit neck seal leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigerpaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to get some different opinions and advice on dry suit neck seals. When I first bought my dry suit it had a neoprene neck seal. Regardless of what I've done I'd get a leak in the neck seal. I would turn the excess inward and outward and I still would feel the water seep down my back whenever I get in the water. I sent my dry suit in for regular maintenance and to have a latex seal installed. Well it seems to be leaking worse and I end up with my boots with water. Fortunately I don't get very cold or hypothermia but it is becoming concerning. My dive guide this weekend told me that the neck seals should be very tight to the point its uncomfortable. I have a 18.5in neck and that's the measurement I gave to BARE. The advice I've been getting from some divers at my shop is to go down in neck size to possibly 17in. Looking for opinions before I spend the money to ship my drysuit back out to get the neck seal replaced. Thanks in advance, oh and my dry suit is leak proof, i leak checked it prior to sending it out and so did BARE when i had initially sent it in. So it's verified to be the neck seal.

Neoprene stretches with use. You can cut away a thin strip (wedge shaped) and glue the neck seal back together to make it tighter.

A hood over the seal works too.

I’ve seen people use a strip of silicone on their neck to ensure a better seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom