Dry suit hose, warm water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can understand part of what scubanarc is saying. I can see how having the hose connected could lead to an entanglement hazard. If the hose becomes unsecured, you have a hose that is going to float behind you. In any overhead environment, this will simply not do. Even in open water, this could attach itself to some monofilament. As far as their already being hoses back there, that is ture. However, these hoses are/should be attached to something, and streamlined and close to the body.

These are simply my thoughts though.

So some one has to die by his hose getting caught in fishing line before you believe. No, I cant say if this has ever happened to anyone but why take the chance. If your that willing to take chances, then I guess you wouldnt mind being the test subject for a few other things that havent been documented yet. Jamesk thank you for trying to understand what I have been saying but I just wasnt talking about overhead enviroments. How about if this guys buddy is out of air and swims over to him half dead. Well maybe this guy was dumb enough to listen to the hose being wrapped around the first stage idea and unfortunantly he cant donate either one of his regs because there either dangling or tied off by his drysuit hose. WHY IN THE HECK AM I WASTING MY TIME EXPLAINING THIS TO YOU SUBMARINER IF YOU DONT GET THE WHOLE IDEA OF STREAM LINING MY COMMENTS ARE JUST NOT GOING TO SINK IN. Some day I hope you realise that diving is a dangerous activity and you should take precautions and not take a whatever attitude.

scubanarc once bubbled...
Jamesk thank you for trying to understand what I have been saying but I just wasnt talking about overhead enviroments.

That is why I mentioned monofilament. Heck, it doesn't even have to be monofilament. You could be swimming in a channel of a reef, and get it caught on coral if it is up floating above you.

I agree!!!

What ever happened to humor? The key was that I was smiling when the important information came through. Entanglement hazard -- thank you -- that was one of the concerns I had when I asked about what to do with the hose!

How about if this guys buddy is out of air and swims over to him half dead. Well maybe this guy was dumb enough to listen to the hose being wrapped around the first stage idea and unfortunantly he cant donate either one of his regs because there either dangling or tied off by his drysuit hose.

You have GOT To be kidding. Not even James Cameron in the Abyss came close to this little scenario.

Perhaps if I put a bit more description into the explanation you will understand what I am saying.

#1) IF the person decides to keep the whip on, they can very sucessfully loop it around the tank neck once or twice, just under the 1st stage & "knot" it. It will stay put and not present any higher profile than the 1st stage (et al). Nor will be floating about/around/behind. Why? Because a drysuit hose is simply not that long!

Therefore this does NOT present an entanglement hazard re: monofilament (et al). Not any more than the rest of the gear the diver is wearing.

#2) The originator of the thread did not mention overhead environments; only YOU did. Overhead environments present a whole other set of equipment issues that are not relevant to this discussion.

#3) Anger management classes. Get some. Then you can post a proper message in a civil manner. Until then, you will get what you deserve.

~SubMariner~

While I'm taking my anger management course, please take a real course in safe diving practices. I once thought like you when I was a PADI representative. Then I woke up one day and thought to myself I suck as a diver. So I decided to take some real classes.

If I was you I would take the hose off contrary to what others have suggested. 2 reasons: 1st one, you don't need it why take it 2nd, you will avoid damage to the quick connect fitting as it flails around in the water or getting it caught on the bench as you stand up to get in the water on the boat or caught between the slats on the picnic table as you walk to the water or getting it caught between the bumper and the body of the truck as you attempt to walk to the water. All the above reasons I have seen happen and damage done to the hose. Something else to consider, when the hose is pressurized it will attempt to straighten out if you do decide to wrap it around the valve make sure it isn't smacking you in the back of the head the whole dive:) although it appears some people here might use that smack on the back of the head to learn something:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom