Dry suit hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it might depend a little on what type of dry suit you diving with. I use a Harvey's titanium with my Oneil 7000X. Keeps my bean toasty warm even in our frigid waters!

I have an Aqualung Nordic Pro suit. It has a latex collar. I have an old wetsuit hood but it is large around my neck. I thought that a tighter fitting hood(around the neck area) would prevent water from leaking in as much as it does now and getting my neck cold.

I am using an OS Systems dry suit hood with a Dive Rite 905 trilam suit. I have a bit of a problem with one ear and very cold water. The hood does a good job of minimizing water flushing and keeps me warm.

JoelW

Mine is from Abyss (came with my suit). It has seals around the face and around the neck. No complaints while diving in ice water yet.

Mike

I think it's called an Arctic hood. No bib, and it's the gold neoprene. Slips on easily, keeps my head warm, and doesn't stink (yet). 7 mm I believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom