Dry suit help:S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyleM

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello all im new to this and fairly new to diving. I have a drysuit at home but it doesnt have valves. Everyone assures me that valves can be placed on it but im unsure how and the local dive shop is looking 100 pounds to fit valves does anyone have any tips of suggestions?

thanks

No valves? It possibly not a diving drysuit. Maybe more on the line as an adventure exposure suit?
100 pounds doesn't sound too bad, as you require 2 different sort of valves. One being the power inflation valve, these normally will come with the extra BCD hose you will also need to install on your reg. The other a dump.
There are different types and location for dump valves. I have mine on my left inner forearm. Others have them on their shoulder.
A friend has the shoulder, but would rather have it on the arm as I do.

I kind of agree with Down-under - if you are getting two valves, that is not too bad a price.

You might want to consider whether you want to sink an extra GBP 100 into a non-scuba drysuit, or if that money would be better spent on a purpose-built drysuit for diving (I truly don't know the answer).

It sounds like a Kayak/watersports suit. What does it have for feet? Some of those have ankle seals which won't be so good for cold water diving.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom