Dry suit durability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy,,, you must take care of your suit religiously.....

I also have TLS350 though... I don't think that it is the most durable suit... It is more oriented for the light weight and travels. You knew how much it works great...
DUI suit comes with 7 year warranty, so I don't care to get another one every 7 years....

BTW, the seam is regarded as a failure point on the dry suit because cerish mentiond that USIA comes with the life time warranty on the seam? Any experties or experience?

Diver0001-

Bad vis/tides/surge (along with shooting and stringing fish) are what contributes to us getting drug across rocks. Jetty diving means climbing over the jetty to get in the water and timing the waves on exit to get thrown back on the jetty rocks. Then climbing back over the rocks with tons of gear. If you've ever spearfished from the Jetty's off Oregon during the winter you will understand why I say it's a VERY harsh environment for dry suits.

Kinda surprised I'm actually defending my position. I just haven't met a CF200 owner who didn't LOVE their suit. But, I've met (and heard from) several non-DUI owners who don't like DUI suits.

Hmmmm...

Also, I've had other dry suits (I won't mention any names) but they just couldn't hold up to the rocks and barnacles - at least not the ones in my neck of the woods. I wasn't slamming any other suits nor claiming DUI was best. I just don't want folks who are new to diving to think all DUI suits leak and are junk.

Didn't mean to upset you.

Jim,

I have a Bare. I don't think there is a real market leader in this area. The most common ones seem to be Bare, Northern Diver and the British made ones like Otter, Typhoon and the like. DUI suits are few and far between for the moment. I do know some divers who have DUI suits and they all love them. They say they fit perfectly, which seems like a good reason to want one.

R..

Diver0001:
It's hard to find anybody with a DUI suit that doesn't have some kind of mysterious leak. It's part of the trademark.... They shouldn't even be called drysuits. At best they're "tends-toward-dry" suit. I guess they have other great features but waterproof isn't one of them.

Amen brother!!! That is why they are called (D)ry (U)ntil (I)mmersed (T) otal
(L)eakage (S)ystem

Diver0001:
Jim,

. I do know some divers who have DUI suits and they all love them. They say they fit perfectly, which seems like a good reason to want one. R..

My BVDs fit good,but I don't neccessarily want to dive in them.(LOL) If you spend $2000 for something,you need to sing songs of praise,but I know somebody who has made a living on fixing DUI suits.

karstdvr:
My BVDs fit good,but I don't neccessarily want to dive in them.(LOL) If you spend $2000 for something,you need to sing songs of praise,but I know somebody who has made a living on fixing DUI suits.

$2000 for a DUI suit? You could pay that for a DUI undergarment around here. A DUI suit will set you back 5 grand in Holland depending on which options you have.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom