Dry suit durability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
So, you're saying that with a lot of effort you can get it mostly waterproof most of the time. You're more patient than I am, and more willing to put up with being wet.

ok, you keep missing the point here... the suit was made in 1994. i bought it
used. it was an instruction/rental suit.

it had some leaks. i fixed the leaks.

it now has a small seep on right foot.

we on the same page now? eyebrow

H2Andy:
ok, you keep missing the point here... the suit was made in 1994. i bought it
used. it was an instruction/rental suit.

it had some leaks. i fixed the leaks.

it now has a small seep on right foot.

we on the same page now? eyebrow

I'm not having trouble with it. Your suit leaks and you can't seem to find a way to make it stop. It's not that hard to understand....:14:

R..

ah... it's a 22-year old suit, and it was used as an instruction/rental suit

and it has a small seep after all these years

i say that's pretty darn good

H2Andy:
ah... it's a 22-year old suit, and it was used as an instruction/rental suit

and it has a small seep after all these years

i say that's pretty darn good

I say you need a new suit. LOL Maybe one that's only 12 years old.... :D

R..

lol

i can't afford it!

:wink:

H2Andy:
lol

i can't afford it!

:wink:

Andy..... Everyone knows....lawyers sacrifice their social lives in exchange for more money than most people can fit in a wheelbarrow.

Buy a new suit, dude.

R..

Diver0001:
Everyone knows....lawyers sacrifice their social lives in exchange for more money than most people can fit in a wheelbarrow.

lol... nice stereotype

Diver0001:
It's hard to find anybody with a DUI suit that doesn't have some kind of mysterious leak. It's part of the trademark....
R..

Huh? Almost all the serious divers I hang out with dive DUI. We do a LOT of spearfishing off the jetties in Oregon. Next to wreck diving what we do is about as abusive as you can be on a drysuit. The vis is usually about 5 feet with heavy tides and surge. We are constantly banging into and being drug through rocks and other debris. I have a couple hundred dives on my DUI with no leaks. Same with my friends. On the other hand, the two or three people I dive with who don't have DUI suits have had numerous problems.

Next time you see a hard core cave or wreck diver look at their suit. It will most likely be DUI. There is a good reason for that.

I'm not suggesting other suits aren't good. There are several very good suits on the market. I'm just saying DUI's are also very good suits. The only people I've ever met who said bad things about DUI suits didn't have one because they either couldn't afford one or didn't want to spend the money on one. You get what you pay for....

bertschb:
Huh? Almost all the serious divers I hang out with dive DUI. We do a LOT of spearfishing off the jetties in Oregon. Next to wreck diving what we do is about as abusive as you can be on a drysuit. The vis is usually about 5 feet with heavy tides and surge. We are constantly banging into and being drug through rocks and other debris. I have a couple hundred dives on my DUI with no leaks. Same with my friends. On the other hand, the two or three people I dive with who don't have DUI suits have had numerous problems.

bad viz and tidal surge don't make a drysuit leak....

Next time you see a hard core cave or wreck diver look at their suit. It will most likely be DUI. There is a good reason for that.
Not in this part of the world. Believe me.

I'm not suggesting other suits aren't good. There are several very good suits on the market. I'm just saying DUI's are also very good suits.
You know mate I don't give a rats patoot whose logo is on the suit. I'm just having some fun with Andy. The fact is that Trilam simply isn't as durable as some other materials. DUI's suits aren't any better or worse than anyone elses in that deparment.

The only people I've ever met who said bad things about DUI suits didn't have one because they either couldn't afford one or didn't want to spend the money on one. You get what you pay for....
Really? You don't get around much. I respect your right to be loyal to the brand you love but just because something is expensive doesn't necessarily make it good and just because something is popular in one part of the world doen't make it a standard anywhere else.

R..

Back
Top Bottom