Dry Suit Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quarrydiver68:
Where do you dive at during the winter around Nashville?
Well, Martha's right now is closed, and Fred needs to have about 20 people show up to even cover his liability insurance (or so I've been told), so you have to travel. The viz in Old Hickory is about 5 inches and Percy Priest is not much better at 2 feet :)

I have dove in Lake Cumberland and Cerulean in the winter, and sometimes Pennyroyal up in Hopkinsville KY is open...

I have dove Center Hill Lake, I really liked it but haven't made it over there this year...

A lot of times several of us make a trip down to Pelham to ABWA...

quarrydiver99:
Well, Martha's right now is closed, and Fred needs to have about 20 people show up to even cover his liability insurance (or so I've been told),

That's $300/day for insurance.... somehow that seems "unrealistic".
I'm sure that his insurance doesn't cost that much...

but I can't blame him for not wanting to open for less than that per day.

But even in the summer time he doesn't always get 20 divers per day.

Diving dry is the only way to go.

quarrydiver68:
I am going to go check one out the weekend so I may be joining the ranks soon.

chances are they will have to order-to-fit that suit for you, and ship it to you.
so make sure to tell him you're out-of-state so they don't charge you sales tax.
(unless you want to pay an extra $100 bucks)

mike_s:
chances are they will have to order-to-fit that suit for you, and ship it to you.
so make sure to tell him you're out-of-state so they don't charge you sales tax.
(unless you want to pay an extra $100 bucks)

Thanks I will remember that.

Back
Top Bottom