Dry Suit Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a dry suit. Especially after seeing the good deal that Mike_S posted. Are there many dry suit divers around Tennessee or Alabama?

More than one would be given to think!

I'm beginning to see more and more D/S divers.

It seems that many divers are wanting to get more from their C-cards other than the occasional Caribbean warm water trips.

Check in with Rick Murchison who's a member of the board and lives in Alabama.

the K

If you want to dive even close to half the year anywhere north of the gulf you may as well get a DS even though they are a pain, it's the price you pay to keep your chops up...yes the Dverite deal is to good to pass up....my Whites will be going up for sale...
Yarg

They're also good for diving in California. There they think warm water is 65 degrees.
Luke

ScubaLuke:
They're also good for diving in California. There they think warm water is 65 degrees.
Luke

You mean 65F isn't warm? Oh man, now I feel cold retroactively.

RocketMan:
Man, you really are going to enjoy the Tortugas.
Luke

RocketMan:

The Puget Sound was a balmy 49 degrees on Saturday morning when I went diving. 65F IS warm, y'all are spoiled rotten. :D

I've never been diving in anything but a dry suit (did my cert in one) but have to say I've stayed pretty warm and toasty.

We're not spoiled, we're blessed !!!

Perspectives, my good man, perspectives !!!

the K

quarrydiver68:
I am thinking about buying a dry suit. Especially after seeing the good deal that Mike_S posted. Are there many dry suit divers around Tennessee or Alabama?
I live in Nashville, TN and I can say that there are several of us up here that dive in drysuits. It's the only way to keep your skills up, outside of practicing in the pool.

quarrydiver99:
I live in Nashville, TN and I can say that there are several of us up here that dive in drysuits. It's the only way to keep your skills up, outside of practicing in the pool.

Where do you dive at during the winter around Nashville?

Back
Top Bottom