Dry Suit Comparison?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a DUI CF-200 - Love it. A friend of mine has an Andy's Heavy Duty Tri-Lam. They are cut better than DUI's. What I mean by that is if you are diving doubles and have to shut down your valves, you can reach them easier in the Andy's than the DUI. And the price is a little better.

Eric

I have a Gates Pro VSN1100. It is a tri lam. The outer and inner material have a stretch to them. Unlike most tri lams that would rip before they'd stretch. I liked it better than any of the DUI's. But I do like the 450. Just like my Gates a little more.
They run about $1100 I think. LP sells them in there catalog. I got a deal on mine. I had been wanting one and one popped up for sale. New in box for $700. I didn't even hesitate. Suggested Retail is around $2500.

You guy's aren't going to believe this, but I promise it's absolutely true and it really happened.

My dive buddy came over to my house with a DUI TLS350 over his shoulder and a bag full of used fins. He said his wife was out shopping and brought this "stuff" home, the fins look good and I think this thing is a drysuit. OMG I couldn't believe it. He tried it on and it didn't fit, so I told him to send it in and get it altered. He threw it at me and said " try it on and if it fits it's yours". Well in no time I was suited in a sweet drysuit. I have dived with it twice so far, nothing leaks, the zippers and seals are perfect. Here's the kicker........................His wife picked it up at Goodwill for $12.50. Twelve dollars and fifty cents !!!!!

Originally posted by viper
You guy's aren't going to believe this, but I promise it's absolutely true and it really happened.

My dive buddy came over to my house with a DUI TLS350 over his shoulder and a bag full of used fins. He said his wife was out shopping and brought this "stuff" home, the fins look good and I think this thing is a drysuit. OMG I couldn't believe it. He tried it on and it didn't fit, so I told him to send it in and get it altered. He threw it at me and said " try it on and if it fits it's yours". Well in no time I was suited in a sweet drysuit. I have dived with it twice so far, nothing leaks, the zippers and seals are perfect. Here's the kicker........................His wife picked it up at Goodwill for $12.50. Twelve dollars and fifty cents !!!!!

This is great for you!

I just ordered a new TLS350...it was a tad more than $12.50!

Way to go Viper

both atlan and abyss make reasonably priced dry suits both are made in canada.

While you're there, see if they have a yellow and black backpack thingy there with an o2 and a diluent round metal big tube insidewith a strange looking cannister inside that holds this white granular stuff.....

I could use a spare one...and i will cop you a $hundy and you can keep the balance.

ABYSS drysuits are by far the best dry suit made. I've owned one for the past 5 years...never had a problem or complaint about it. On the other hand, my friends that have tried Whites, Bare and Atlan....have all sent their suits back for repair.

I just bought a DUI TLS 350 and I'm going diving next week to Channel Islands. I'm really excited about using my new suit... will put it through some tests in a pool on Monday.

Will also try out fins on Monday (fortunately I can go to a store that has a pool and try before I buy!). I'm interested in seeing just how well the ScubaPro Twin Jets work with the Rock Boots.

What do you use for divewear?
I had recently purchased an Aeroskin (for warm water diving). Anyone use a "skin" for/as part of undergear?
And what socks do you use?

Have a better one
Paul

getdeep
...and wet too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom