Dry suit class and CSSP trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well the wind calmed down today and it was a beautiful day at the lake.

Air temp was about 62*F and the surface temp was about the same. The bass were cruising the shallows in search of warmer water and an easy meal.

I had minor concerns because my allergies had started acting up earlier in the week, but I could still clear my ears so I figured I was probably ok. I wasn't going to hesitate to call it if I wasn't.

We did the academics just before lunch and after a quick bite to eat we went diving. I had been in a dry suit before so the skills came fairly easily. I did discover I was badly underweight especially with 500lbs in the tank.

Thermalcline at 17-20ft. The temp slides on down to 52*F at the bottom at 60ft. Vis was 35-40ft below the thermalcline. Not much worse above it. All the fish were hanging out above it in the warmer water. One bluegill had to go nose to mask with me and check me out on my safety stop.

Great fun was had by all. Looking forward to practicing more by diving year round.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom