Dry suit boots fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only way to check properly is to go to your local dive shop and check it out.

This is why buying wearable gear online is a pain in the A$$

The only reason I have the fins I own today (RK3) is because I tried them. The owner of the shop had a set that he let me try. I bought them on the spot. I have loaned them to several people I know and they bought a set after trying them. The key, you have to try them. I might be responsible for selling more then the owner of the shop. I have found that fins are more then just size, there is a fit to them as well. Just because it is the right size, it may not be the right fit.

So got a dry suit, I think I may have gotten the boots size wrong.

Not sure how I should determine the correct size.

Here is a pic where I put my thumb in front of my toes, if that helps. I only put two pair of cotton socks on the top of each other.

Actually looking at the pic, I think it is almost surely too large.

View attachment 494658
What undersuit are you using? Does it come with fleece or thinsulte socks? I typically use a pair of undersuit socks plus one or two pairs of typical thin cotton socks maybe some walking socks (as well as the undersuit ones). Partly that depends on the fins I am using.

What undersuit are you using? Does it come with fleece or thinsulte socks? I typically use a pair of undersuit socks plus one or two pairs of typical thin cotton socks maybe some walking socks (as well as the undersuit ones). Partly that depends on the fins I am using.
So I spent a lot of time trying stuff at my two local diving shops.

The undersuit has no socks attached to it. I got separate socks.

I have a good fit when I use:
- wool socks size 43
- some diving socks that I wear over them, they are a bit loose
- then I wear my drysuit which has neoprene feet.
- then my rockboots (size L)
- once I have done this, I fit snugly a XXL Jet Fin

Going to dive on the 29th so I’ll let you know guys how it goes :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom