Dry suit boots fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So got a dry suit, I think I may have gotten the boots size wrong.

Not sure how I should determine the correct size.

Here is a pic where I put my thumb in front of my toes, if that helps. I only put two pair of cotton socks on the top of each other.

Actually looking at the pic, I think it is almost surely too large.

AzzOdN8_d.jpg

Do your feet get cold?
I have not dived with them, I’ll be diving next on the 29th.

Try 2 pair of fat wool socks. Keeps my feet toasty down to, say, 50 farenheit. (I don't care how its spelt or what it means re celceus)

Youse guys have direct access to some incredible, some might even say Magical, wool. I can only find regular wool around here....alas.....except for the 40 year old ones i stole from my Dad.

Put some fins on. Be aware that your old fins may be too small in the foot pocket. If they only go over the toes, too small.
Once you have fins on that fit right, flick them around a bit. If the foot is flopping around inside the boot, they boots are too large. You will know if it is too large.

If your toes hurt after a dive, fin pockets are too small.
If you feel your feet banging around, it is the boot that is too big. You might have to try diving it to really know.

I was trying to find out the same thing. See this post.
I use shoe size 41 and the boot of my drysuit is 44 (european sizes). I thought that the boot would be too big for me, but, using a pair of wool socks and the thinsulate boot that comes with the drysuit undergarmet, my foot fits well.
Also, the fins I use with wet boots (Cressi Frog size M) fit too tight in the drysuit boot. I'm thinking of buying a new pair of fins to be used with the drysuit.
Drysuit are made to be used with undergarments. They are bulky and need space inside.

I was trying to find out the same thing. See this post.
I use shoe size 41 and the boot of my drysuit is 44 (european sizes). I thought that the boot would be too big for me, but, using a pair of wool socks and the thinsulate boot that comes with the drysuit undergarmet, my foot fits well.
Also, the fins I use with wet boots (Cressi Frog size M) fit too tight in the drysuit boot. I'm thinking of buying a new pair of fins to be used with the drysuit.
Drysuit are made to be used with undergarments. They are bulky and need space inside.
What’s your normal shoe size and your dry suit boot size ?

I got given boots 2 sizes higher than my size

I agree with divad and broncobowsher, try two pair of Smartwool hunting socks or similar and see if that works for you. With attached crushed neoprene socks it's common to wear Chuck Taylors that are two sizes larger than your normal shoe size.

So I have tried Scubapro rock boots today. Apparently a L is a good fit for me and it is too large for a XL Jet Fin :/

Does anyone know if the XXL Jet fin will fit correctly ?

Back
Top Bottom